Sunday, March 29, 2009

Boat Race Day!





Sarah was ill so Emily, Felicity, Tom and I made our own way to Hammersmith using Sarah's printout from Googlemaps. It was packed with people on both the streets and roads so getting there was really difficult!We walked along the towpath for some of the journey and finally managed to get to Hammersmith bridge. Here squeezed through the crowds to find a patch of grass to have our pic-nic. This was a great relief as I'd started to feel very sick on our way there.
We met some other Hertford people including Joe and Matt. We then tried to get to the bridge to watch the boats go past from there but it was blocked off from the police. There were so many people around that in the end I hardly managed to see the boats go past! Matt and I lost the other people in the rush so then made our way to the bug screen. Here, Matt managed to help me balance on a railing so I could see from the crowd, tell him what was happening and take some pictures.
Oxford won!
There was loads of cheering from the crowd and people began to slowly disappear back towards the pubs. We managed to find the others and started to head back. On the way I stopped to take a picture of the bridge and a reporter interviewed us all for a London radiostation. It was a VERY hectic day but very much worth it.