Friday, March 27, 2009

The day I met Saya

Went to Knightsbridge to get my haircut at Sanrizz hairdresser's college. Thanks to Alice's amazing voucher I got it all for free (although it took 3 hours!). Today they had trainee students from Japan and the girl cutting my hair was called Saya. She didn't speak much English (and the only Japanese I know is how to count to 10...and I can't even do that properly >_<) so I did the typical English thing of talking reeeeaaaalllyyyy slowly and loudly without meaning to....When I asked if she liked England she answered with "fish & chips!"...I knew we'd be BFFs from then :D

Afterwards, I walked down to High Street Kensington because it was a really nice day and I wanted to show off my AMAZING haircut (yup, I wasn't left bald :O ). Although I REALLY wanted to take my POTD in the hair salon I don't think they would've let me so I took this quick shot as I walked past one of the streets on my walk. I love how all the houses around Gloucester Road and S. Kensington are so tall and uniform. As usual, these were situated around a green which is only accessible to the people living in the houses. I'd love to live in a place like this.