Monday, February 1, 2010

Where it all began


All journeys come to an end at some point and it makes me sad to be drawing a close to this project.
Walking back from a usual day at Oxford I caught this shot just after sunset. The street lights had just turned on and I got a sudden feeling which reminded me of the first time I'd arrived at Hertford for my interview. I had dad's huge brown bag and walked through catte street with him, mum and Chesca. It was dark and cold like today but the warm glow of the sodium lamps invited me into the college. Behind me, is the interview room where I met Clive and Martin. There is also the bridge under which I took photos with the Japanese and the winding path of New College Lane which I love so much. The bod is silhouetted to the right and the rad. cam. around which we ran singing in the snow last year is in the distance. These are the places I have grown to love and associate with. It is humbling, however, to still be able to feel the same as I did the first time I arrived in Oxford. Taking this photo took me back to the start, to where it all began.