Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pre-birthay celebration


Woke up at around 6am and couldn't get back to sleep. I kept on worrying about the fountain pen I'd lost before term started and was determined, in my sleepy state, to go downstairs and find it. Luckily mum was awake too and convinced me to go back to sleep. I was later awoken by mum, dad, Chesca and Abu coming into my room singing "Happy Birthday" and carrying a caterpillar cake and presents! I was so delighted as last year M&S had run out of caterpillar cakes which wasn't too good... We all sat in my bed eating cake as I opened the presents and read the cards. Ok, so it's not my birthday yet, but I was so happy that we could continue the tradition while I was at home! Abu told me that she and Duado would hear mum and her sisters whispering "pretend you're asleep! They're coming!" from their rooms when they had a birthday to celebrate and she and Duado were carrying the cake down the hall. I hope to continue this tradition as it's so lovely and unique.
Afterwards, Chesca went to work and mum, dad and Abu drove me to Oxford. We quickly showed Abu the Summertown house and later Hertford before I had to rush off to a meeting at St. Aldates. This was pretty successful and I'm not considering wether I should go home on Tuesday too to see Abu again before she leaves. I'm so happy that she could come and stay for my Birthday especialy seeing as it's my 20th. I'm excited about turning 20 on the 02/02/2010. It's a new start and I can't wait!