Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Careers, future, graduation... eep!


I finished of my work for the presentation today (which turned out to be quite awful in the end - very frustrating) and met one of dad's friends who dropped off some family stuff. This photo is from a collection of the things he gave me - the picture is of my grandparents(right), great aunt(left) and great grandmother who is holding dad and my aunt, Fi, is the little girl sitting in the front. The best part of the day, however, was my meeting at the careers service with Clare the scientific careers advisor. She helped me sort out my CV and we talked about all these interesting future jobs and studentships. She did ask if I had considered teaching which was funny seeing as I come from a family of teachers! I know it sounds idealistic and probably very naive but I would love to work in the FAO or something to do with crop sustainability and food production. It's such an important thing at the moment and so very interesting that I would love to find a job in that sector.Maybe I'm just doing it because Duado worked with FAO too...Either way, going there made me feel so confident about what I can achieve and suddenly my goals didn't seem so impossible to reach.