Saturday, January 30, 2010

Abu y la cena de 20 años


Went back home today on the Oxford Tube and to spend some time with my family before my birthday. I had wanted to go out an eat together somewhere with good food. After weeks of no inspiration Chesca suggested today a tiny Italian place hidden down Ealing Broadway. We'd never been there before but now consider it a hidden gem. It's down an old alley and is a lovely little restaurant that serves delicious home-cooked food including Tiramisu. We loved it and have just come back after enjoying the delicious meal. Before going out, Abu was sat with Chesca and I in Chesca's room telling us about her life as a newly-wed. She was recounting stories of when Duado and her lived in the U.S. before mum was born. Mum then came in and told Abu to tell us about the time Abu and Duado had gone out to the cinema and left mum all alone as a newly born baby! Chesca got this picture of me and Abu today. I love Abu and wish I could write down all the things she's told us over these holidays.