Thursday, January 28, 2010

Gold!


Another busy day with lectures followed by a long cycle with Seb from AgeAid. Today we were volunteering at a centre past Summertown and the ringroad where they serve meals for the elderly every month. Seb and I helped serving, washing and cleaning up afterwards and it was quite enjoyable. In the evening I went with a small part fo the Beijing group to the Oxford Modern Art Museujm which is neatly tucked away in Pembroke street off G&D's. I had planned to just drop them off and cycle home until I found that part of the museum's exhibition was to dress up in gold space suits - amazing! I got all the Chinese teachers to do so as well and we spent more time posing in the suits than looking at the artwork (which was very..er... modern indeed!). Everyone had so much fun that we stayed until they kicked us out.