Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Starbucks


Today Abu and I stayed at home wrapped in layers with the central heating on full-blast. I guess it's pretty good that we're both "friolentas" as they say in Spanish and therefore strong cold weather haters.
In the early evening I met up with Temi, Christina and Laura at the new starbucks in Ealing Broadway. We talked until the shop shut and it was as if none of us had ever left sixth form. I heard about Chrissie's glamorous uni life at the London School of Fashion (her lectures are on bond street!), Temi's first year at Warwick and Laura's second year at Nottingham where buses don't even run on a Sunday...
I was so happy to be able to catch up with everything they've been doing. Laura explained how shocked she'd been to meet people that actually didn't want to live here (beforehand she thought everyone wanted to but wasn't able due to the lack of space. Therefore, everyone living outside London was just a wannabe Londoner..). We also compared shocking out-of-London stories like there only being ONE Topshop in Oxford, having to wait 26 mins for a bus in Warwick (and that apparently being good) or living on a campus where you'd be more likely to get chased by a cow than mugged.

I love living here (currently part-time) but also have so many other places to visit! Being with my old school friends today just made me appreciate where I come from. More importantly, I saw that it doesn't matter how many people you know; rather the number of good true friends you have.
We got the lady in starbucks to take this picture before they kicked us out but it's slightly blurry - I think she wanted to go home!