Friday, January 1, 2010

i Haci para que nuestro año empieze hermoso !


Everyone cheered as the fireworks went off in London. We had music going again and everyone was hugging, kissing each other (mostly on cheeks...) and pulling party poppers. A chocolate cake with sparklers was brought out for Jess and we all started singing "Happy Birthday" at the tops of our voices. We danced for the rest of the night to everything imaginable and then helped clear up at the end. Alice the German girls and I slept in Jess’ room and didn’t wake up until after 10 this morning. We ate the rest of the cake for breakfast and I headed towards the tube station with Alice. It was freezing and I wasn’t overjoyed about travelling from one end of London to the other but I dozed for most of the journey. Coming back home wasn’t as bad as I’d expected. I’ve managed to get a tiny bit of work done (which is better than nothing) but am feeling slightly “fragile” after last night. I wish I’d been able to take a picture of the bright sky and warm sunshine I saw as I came out of Northfields tube. It was the perfect weather for the first day of a New Year and new decade; soft, crisp, pleasant and fresh.