Sunday, January 17, 2010

resolution


Oh dear. The very thought of wine or vodka makes me want to throw up. Last night ws Tom's Birthday house party and tons of Hertford people came to celebrate. I hadn't really planned on dirnking much but Marja and I began by sharing a bottle of white wine. I was then pennied mercilessly on various occasions and began to feel a bit tipsy. Later, Manasi and I decided that it'd be a good idea to have some vodka too in my room. I don't really remember much of what happened after the drinking games but I woke up this morning with the bin next to my bed and loads of half-empty cans lying around (not mine, I don't drink beer!).
Anyway, I felt surprisingly good and encouraged Manasi to come with for a run to Hertford and back. We later continued our healthy day by buying loads of fruit and vegetables at CO-OP and making this delicious green pesto, tomato and water cress pasta. I love having healthy days after a particularily unhealthy binge and really want to keep this up. I do not, however, want to ever drink as much in such a short space of time as last night. I do not want to be the person making a fool of themselves and waking up the next day with a splitting headache and no recollection whatsoever of the night before. That is not me and I refuse to be that person.