Thursday, January 21, 2010

Best day, Thursday


Today was so busy but very enjoyable. It started with three lectures in the morning with a one hour gap between the first and second one. I used this pretty efficiently by doing some work in the library on my shmoo. I then lost my bike keys, found them and proceeded to cycle like crazy to the careers service in time for a talk on International Internships available this year. I had to leave this a bit early as they ran over time and I still needed to cycle home for lunch and then peddle furiously to Cowley for my interview. This went pretty well and I calmed myself down by walking around the Botanical Gardens before heading back to Hertford. They were so bare and all the plants had been cut back - I could see from one side to the other! This was quite sad as I suddenly realised that it isn't as large as I thought...
However, a quick trip into the humid hot houses cheered me up as the smell reminded me of being a kid and visiting Kew. Here I found some cotton plants and thought they'd make a good picture. I sat on the floor determined to get a good shot but was rudley disturbed by some tourists who decided that they wanted to get the exact same photos! gr.
A not-so-manic cycle back to Hertford was followed by some more work in the library and a quick trip to Morton's to buy a baguette for dinner - yum! Here I saw the CUTEST guy ever who held the door open for me *sigh*. I then did some more library work and went off to my first Japanese class of term. This reminded me very much of French GCSE and was pretty laid back. I was unable to stay for drinks in the pub later but met Alice at Wadham instead for a meeting by Food Justice - an Oxhub charity organisation working to help distribute unwanted food from supermarkets to homeless shelters etc. It was so interesting to hear about the project (it's fairly new) and I wanted to do as much as possible straight away! Anyway, it was getting late so I cycled back home and now find myself content and looking forward to what tomorrow may bring...