Friday, January 22, 2010

When things in life are just meant to be...


After lectures today I had lunch with Ruben, a PHD student from Mexico. We ate the most delicious tapas in Little Clarendon street and spent a good two hours talking in Spanish about the wonders of Mexico. He kindly walked me back to College where I had to rush off and meet Seb to quickly discuss Ageaid stuff. From here I walked in the rain to the bus stop and met this really sweet guy from New College called Jezz. He knows James Scargill and we began chatting. The bus, however, stopped further down the street so we had to sprint to catch it. As we got on I realised that I'd dropped my flower hair clip. Jezz asked if I was OK and I said it ws fine - if I'd lost my hair clip then maybe It was not meant to be mine anymore. He got on the bus but I had to wait for the next one as my ticket wasn't valid for another 5 mins. I retraced me steps but couldn't find the clip anywhere. By now I was soaked, tried and slight sad. It didn't take long for the next bus to arrive and it is here that you find me blogging about the picture for today. And as I reached to get my netbook I saw the hair clip safe and dry inside my folder...