Thursday, December 31, 2009

I'm going to Japan...wow.


I have JUST finalised my flight bookings for Japan. I'm actually going to go! I can't believe this...It's going to be so exciting! I feel like it's the start of an adventure. Ok, I wasn't able to have a gap year but this is so much better!
* * *
In the evening I took the train up to Finnsbury Park to meet Alice and later her friend Anvita as we were all going to go to Jess' NYE/ birthday party. I'd never really travelled to that part of London but was so surprised at how simialr it is to Ealing. Alice and I often joke that we lead parrallel lives and sepearate ends of the city...
Jess' house is lovely and was already filled with people when we arrived. They were all pretty friendly and I felt surprisingly confident considering I only knew three people there to start with. Within a couple of hours I had already made friends with some of the guys and German girls that knew Jess through an exchange trip. Dancing with everyone in the living room was also hilarious. By midnight we were all standing round the TV shouting down the last few minutes of the decade...