Thursday, December 17, 2009

Anna P's 20th


Woke up around 9 when my alarm went off but fell back asleep still sitting in my bed. It was about 10:30 when I stumbled out of my room to find Geoff (our scout) pottering about on the landing. He was not a happy bunny. Apparently he'd come in around 7am this morning to find people crashed on the sofa and floor as well as loads of rubbish everywhere. Uh-oh. I helped tidy up as Amelia had done most of it before setting off to College. Afterwards I got all my stuff together and left my room for the last time this year *sigh*. After saying goodbye to everyone in the old lodge I took a train to London and got home in time to have a shower, eat and get ready for Anna P's birthday. Chesca let me borrow her soft pink chiffon dress as the theme was 1920s (not only until later did Poweel notice the coincidence between the theme and her age..). It was a very relaxed party with some old friends (Sam Gregg, Lee..) and newer ones (Polly and Katie from RHUL). Just before midnight, and during Anna's last minutes being a teenager, it started to snow really heavily. Some of us went out to the garden and ran around in the snow which was quickly covering the grass in a thick layer. I love how we both got snow on our birthdays... I hope it stays until Christmas.