Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas shopping


Its 23:14 and this is the first time in about two weeks I have been able to sit down and blog. Ok, this was supposed to be a photo per day and I have been taking pictures but have had no time to put them up. This is pretty rubbish as it means that I'll have to remember the stories that accompany them...
I'm back home in Ealing and have been since Thursday. Today mum and I woke up really early and drove to Kingston for some Christmas shopping before it got too busy. We had coffee at the Starbuck's in Border's which is in its last days before closing. So many beautiful shops seem to be suffering from the recession that it's sad to see them go. What's worse is wondering what'll replace them - usually pound shops that don't even make it 'til summer. However, this last coffee in Border's was pretty good and kept us fuelled up for a very busy day. Best of all was seeing Amelia in H&M as this was totally unexpected but made me so happy! I think I've been having Oxford withdrawal symptoms and it was brilliant to see her and chat for a while in Pret. I also found this beautiful green skirt in my size which I've been after since summer. It was the last one in the shop. Double amazingness! Mum and I spent most of the day shopping and were pretty tired and hungry by the end. We finished off by having some soup and coffee in the John Lewis cafe.
Abu arrives tomorrow from Mexico and I am SO excited!
I promise to start uploading the past couple of week’s photographs but for now I'd like to catch up on some well-deserved sleep...