Saturday, December 5, 2009

Mi mami; there are not enough words (or photos) to describe her


The time I woke up to catch a 6:30am train home to London. I cycled in the early morning down an empty Banbury road where the only sign of life were the birds singing the dawn chorus and the milk, baker and fish monger's vans delivering goods. I got home around 8:30 when everyone was still asleep. Dad came down the stairs to make sure I'd been able to open the door as he'd locked it last night. I then crept up to Chesca's room and tapped lightly. She was delighted to see me and we went quietly downstairs and waited for mum to wake up. It turned out that she had slept really badly so didn't wake up until 10:30! I hid behind the clothes horse as she came downstairs and jumped out to surprise her. She screamed so load three times - it was hilarious! In the evening we all went out to eat at Okawari as a family. It feels as if I had never left. I'm so happy she liked her present (including the earrings I'd bought the other day).