Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The tower of power...


Made with spaghetti and wine gums by the engineers with the interviewees. Pretty impressive - I wish Biology was that inspiring!
I woke up in a sleeping bag in ALice's room. Marja was still asleep so I got borrowed one of Alice's summer dresses and went to start my shift. It was not surprising to find about three people at the Old Lodge as it had been a pretty rough night. However, in no time we had a large queue of interviewees needing to be taken to other Colleges. As I had a bike I made three trips to St. Cat's (a very modern and impersonal College - the complete opposite of Hertford!), one to St. Hugh's, Wadham. Queen's and anything far away from Hertford! It was a pretty cold day and I was only wearing tights, a dress and the interview week jumper. It was quite busy today but I still really enjoyed chatting with the interviewees who are all quite friendly (alb eight a bit nervous). I couldn't help but notice the difference between now and last week when we had the arts students. The science students seem to be far more reserved and, well, eccentric? I preferred the arts students as they were livelier, down to earth and you could have a proper conversation with them.