Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Carols at the Sheldonian and Hertford....and the Sheldonian again


Ok, so today I was able to tick off two things from my list of things to do before I leave Oxford. Last year I was ill and missed out on both the Hertford and Sheldonian Christmas Carols. However, this year I was determined to go. They were both today so I decided to go to the Hertford ones first. However, I was really early so popped into the early carols at the Sheldonian for about 10mins before heading back to the chapel. The atmosphere at Hertford was lovely and really put me into the Christmas mood. I was surprised to see Martin and Alison there as well as some of the other tutors (I thought Biologists didn't believe in God - maybe they went for the traditional aspect...). Tom Davies, Emily, Charlotte, Clare and Matt were all there too which was good. The chapel looked so beautiful with the decorations especially as the lights were all turned down and the only light came from our candles. Afterwards I went with them all and some of the choir to the Nosebag for dinner. It was delicious and we all had major food babies. We then headed off to the later carol service at the Sheldonian. This time I stayed for the whole thing. This photo was taken in the covered market as I think it has the best Oxmas atmosphere - I love Oxmas!