Friday, May 22, 2009

Off to Orielton


Woke up early to go to lectures. However, this was not a normal day! Jonny, Sinead and I had to drag out suitcases along with us so we could drop them off before lectures. On the way, we found the Brasenose guys and walked with them as well (they gave me a hand with my infinite number of bags)...the guys had larger bags than Sinead and I but we had more. After the lecture we went to get some lunch and this gave me time to give Emily her birthday present as everyone was going to celebrate ehr birthday on the weekend. As I couldn't find her I left the presents and card outside her room hoping that no-one would steal them. I also left my palnts in Marja's room so she could look after them while I was away.
On the coach I sat next to Liz and it felt like being back in primary school! We all tried to hold out breath as we went over the Severn Bridge (and managed it!). As soon as we'd crossed it into Wales it staretd raining and there were sheep EVERYWHERE! Typical.
It was still raining as we arrived at the field centre and we all rushed to get into groups for rooms. I was in a large group of girls with Jess (New College), Harriette (LMH), Emma, Anna and Becky. It was the typical bunk bed accomodation but the view wasn't too bad. I honestly thought that this type of trip wouldn't happen after leavign Twyford. However, I'd decided that it would only be as good as I made it.

After an interesting carb-filled dinner everyone walked up to the closest pub for a good pint. It was so tiny and I think we shocked the usual customers. It was composed of two rooms which I think used to be someone's front room and kitchen. However, having a ton of first years pack it out created a brilliant atmosphere (although I'm not sure the regulars would agree!).