Saturday, May 16, 2009

Out of Oxford for the day..Minster Lovell


Mum and dad came to visit and we had lunch in the Turf Tavern (the best pub in the world!). Afterwards we drove out of Oxford to an English Hertitage house in Minster Lovell which was more of a ruin. We had a look around the Church first of all and then found the ruin behind next to the river. It was so beautiful with broken walls and staircases which had long fallen appart. In some areas only the tops of the turets had survived so you could see the remains of the stairs trailing off into the towers. It must have been huge and really magnificent with a chapel, stables, grand dining hall and many different rooms. We were all very taken and wondered what it must have looked like before. Walking around reminded me of the castle from Sleeping Beauty and I hummed the song "I know you" without realising as I took pictures. Mum and I also found a tree extending out into the river. I clambered along it and tried to take pictures but then got scared as it started to sway with the wind -I though I was going to fall in!
Later, we saw a plaque outside the Chrurch with the inscription, "".