Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Bible in Temple Church

After going to the ever-excitingness that is a trip to Chancery Lane Clinic I wandered around London with mum. We walked down to the Temple Church where I took this pic and then found a hidden courtyard and garden where all the uber-rich lawyers were having their lunch and reading The Sun around a fountain. I'd never seen such a beautiful place (maybe it was just the cloudless blue sky and sunshine). Later, we visited Dad as St Mary le Strand which I love because the Church is like an island haven amongst all the busy London traffic. We then proceeded to Covent Garden where we had lunch in a Church garden and mum started talking about another Church in Mexico for clowns where there is a display of painted eggs for each one. I laughed so much because it sounds CRAZY and I'm sure it was just a weird dream she had!
After lunch we went back on the underground to South Kensington where we fought the HUGE Easter holiday crowds to the Natural History Museum. It has to be my favourite place in the world. We saw the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition followed by the brilliant exhibition on The Origin of Species. I was amazed and inspired by the photos in the first exhibition but loved the Darwin one far more - its ridiculous that some people STILL don't believe in natural selection!