Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Crayfishing by the Canal



First day back in Oxford. I woke up to a lovely sunny morning and went with Sarah to the market after breakfast to get some fruit and veg. Later, we all had lunch in hall (which was PACKED) and I went back to my room to attempt some revision but who can revise on such a beautiful day? After trying to force myself to work I got a text from Ben to see if I wanted to go Crayfishing in the canal. I didn't even know there was a canal close by, let along one where you could catch crayfish! So, I set off to the famousLeckford house which didn't turn out as bad as everyone seems to make it. Ok, so it is quite far out of town but apart from that it seemed really nice. We walked along with some other second years past the river and towards the lock via a corner shop for some beer. The walk along the canal was BEAUTIFUL especialy as the sun shon through the tree branches whose leaves shaded the grassy path which was dotted with daisies and bluebells. We set up the lines at the lock and sat with out legs dangling over the edge obove the water below. It was so peacful and relaxing (even though i'm not that keen on beer..even if it is Mexican Corona >_<) that it didn't matter that we didn't catch anything at all. Once we'd given up on catching something, Ben and I walked back towards Leckford along the river path and past Port Meadow where we'd had te bonfire the term before. After, I walked back to college to do some work. It felt so good to be back in Oxford, even with exams looming ahead :)