Monday, September 28, 2009

All over this town..


In the morning dad and I went to Ealing Broadway and from there I went to Brick Lane where I met Alice. It was very last minute but I was over the moonto see her - it was so relieving to see someone from Oxford and talk all about the coming term (worries, hopes etc). We wandered towards Rokit and then to Cheshire street which the home of Beyond Retro - possible the largest and best vintage shop in London. We spent hours here, trying on various strange bits and bobs and browsing through the eccentric pieces. Afterwards we made out way to the 24/7 bagel balery at the top of the lane where we bought a coconut slice - it was so yummy and delicious, I could see the commuters who walked past us look at it with lustful eyes.....
I rushed home, ate, packed and took a bus for Richmond where I caught the train to Egham. Anna met me at the station (it was pretty late, cold and I was already getting tired - this may also be due to the fact that I was reading Dawkins on the train!). We walked up to the RHUL campus and she showed me her flat which is shared with 7 other girls. It was so nice to sit down with a steaming mug of Whittards green tea & cranberry, some strawberries and just talk. I love Anna, she really knows how to make me feel at home (even when she keeps me awake at night by chatting about random crap). <3