Friday, September 18, 2009

Anna P's Leaving Party


Yesterday I also went to the pub in the evening with Anna P and her boyfriend Jick. We walked back together and I stayed over which was great as we got to chat until 2am just like in the old days. It was great to finally see her with someone so sweet who really cares about her and is also respectful. I was slightly nervous that Jick wouldn’t like me but he seemed ok and real friendly : )
This morning Anna got a call from work that the boss was ill so she’d have to fill in as they were short-staffed. This was pretty crap as it meant that she has less time to pack and we couldn’t bake the marshmallow cupcakes we’d been planning on doing! So, I offered to help and we managed to get through most of the packing in 1 ½ hours which is WAY faster than I have ever done it! We then walked together to Ealing Broadway and I continued on home.
In the late evening I started to get ready to go to The Drayton for Anna P’s leaving party. Mum offered to drop me off and, while we were in the car, I told her that dad had mentioned how Tom Rees was going to leave for uni tomorrow. She then “gently nudged” me to give him a call to wish him good luck. However, it turned out that he isn’t going until next week so I looked like a bit of an idiot. But, I was able to invite him to the pub so we ended up catching the bus there together. I introduced him to everyone but we spent most of the time reminiscing about all the cool places we’d been to as kids (Black Park, fishing at Denham, Plum wars and raspberry picking...). In the end we decided to go back and visit Perivale woods this week – I can’t wait! As soon as people began to leave, we started to head back and walked all the way home along the quiet roads. He then invited me inside to take a look at this really old camera he has (not as old as Ben’s but still pretty cool!). Around 1am I walked back home and was half way up the road when he came running up towards me saying that he’d walk me home. I said that it’d be ok as it was pretty safe and only up the road! We swapped phone numbers and I walked back home with a big smile on my face. Its so nice to talk to someone who is so open and clear – Tom is 100% himself and you know where you’re standing with him.