Thursday, September 17, 2009

Shock


Chesca has been ill recently so didn’t go to school today. We had breakfast together in the morning but she then started to feel as if she was going to throw up. As she stood up to go to the bathroom she fainted and fell on the floor with her eyes wide open and her legs began to shake. I was really scared, but rolled her onto her side and tried to get her to wake up. After a while she came round and I got her to sit on the floor leaning against the pew. She then fainted again and wasn’t waking up so I quickly got the phone and dialled 999. I was really panicking as I held the phone in one hand and an unconscious Chesca in the other. Eventually they put me onto a nurse just as Chesca came round again and they told me what to do. Mum rushed back from school when she heard what had happened and was able to take Chesca to an emergency appointment with the doctor.
In the afternoon, after dad got home and was able to look after Chesc, I met up with Temi and Laura and Cafe Chai. It was great to catch up with them and tell them about this morning – apparently my morning beat theirs! I was also really happy to hear about all the other Twyford people who had taken gap years and were starting uni this year. Temi left after not doing so well in her AS levels and re-did them at a different college where she got 3As and a place to study Law at Warwick. I guess it shows how everything works out in the end even if you can’t see how it will at the time!