Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Patisserie Valerie


Had a morning tute with Martin about my exam results and option modules for next year...he was very helpful but at the end I felt asif I'd had the carpet lifted from underneath my feet. If I want to study plant and genetics I will have to take very challenging subjects and I'm not sure that I want to risk that level of stress on myself.
In the afternoon some of the Japanese girls and I went to Patisserie Valerie for some french cakes which were delicious. I had my favourite, tarte au citron, while the others had chocolate, strawberry and pecan tartes and cakes.
In the evening I sat with James and Wooly in the MCR chatting about rowing. I would really like to give it a try this term so was happy to be part of all their banter. It was also pretty entertaining to hear about the time Hertfordians almost burnt down the Bod after winning Christ Church (apparently they did the traditional boat burning in OB quad and the flames were as tall as the Bodleian library!). James also showed us the Hertford wagers book where people write down all the different bets they'vcve had with other people in college.
In the evening we went to the Turf for a pint and sat under the strangely clear purple sky chatting about Oxford, rowing and the Union. Before going to bed I did another watercolour which has been in the back of my mind for ages..