Saturday, November 7, 2009

home.


I love to travel. I love to travel when I know my destination so as I arrive I begin to recognise the different buildings. But most of all I love to travel when I know that there is atleast one person there who is waiting for me, anticipating my arrival and can't wait to see me as much as I them. Returning home had that very same feeling and, although it was freezing and I was tired, the sun shone brightly in the clear blue sky making even the bus stop at Hillingdon seem like a welcoming rest from the insular life at Oxford. I'm finally home.
Mum came to pick me up in the car and we hugged and listened to her and Chesca's new music love - Vampire Weekend. We met Chesca in Cafe Chai in Ealing before she started work and wondered around the shops including the new H&M they've opened. Once back home mum showed me these shoes which she and dad had found when they'd moved their bed to make way for the new one. They're my first pair of shoes. How funny it is to think about all the different times I wore these (19 years ago?!) and then how much I've grown since then. Sometimes I do wish life were as simple as when I was a child but then I'd never be able to look back and appreciate all the steps I've taken to become who I am today.