Tuesday, August 4, 2009

25 years



Today was mum and dad's 25th wedding anniversary. Chesca and I gave them a card, cookie cutters in the shape of teddy bears and spinkled "happy anniversary" glitter on the table before we had the family breakfast together (we had planned to bake some cupcakes but couldn't use the oven >_<). Lunch was at the hotel in Kelso where Chesca and I laughed as a Westie bounded among the flowerbeds outside (it looked so ditzy!).Afterwards, we drove to the house of..... (we seem to be doing a lot of National Trust properties this holiday - I love it!). Unlike various other places we'd been to, this house was very beautiful and carefuly thought out. It was almost like a miniature castle with small turets and a small library worthy of Beauty and the Beast. The sky started to darken as I had a look round the garden and chapel. As I walked among the flowerbeds it started to rain so I had to take this picture before running back to the house!
In the evening, Chesca and I played badmington at the house in Yetholm as we waited for the Schofields to arrive.