Tuesday, August 11, 2009

leaving Yetholm


Today we left Yetholm and drove to York (I finished HP 3 on the way!). I didn't feel as ill but wasn't too good on the journey there. We stopped off at the Victorian outdoor museum of..... and looked around. The people were really rude and chavy but it wasn't too bad. I guess we all felt very southern.
We ate dinner in York at this restaurant which used to be a butchers and then wandered around the city in the dusk. I didn't really have enough time to look around when I came to see the Uni but it really is beautiful. As it doesn't have much of an industrial history like Carlisle and many other Northern cities York was really different. Some of the streets reminded me of Oxford while others were almost like ones which you'd find in Soho or other parts of London.