Sunday, August 2, 2009

Beach!


We started off by having an early lunch at the pub in Kirk Yetholm nearby (the food was brilliant although slightly undercooked) and then drove to ...
Here we had a look round the castly which was built at the top of the cliffs overlooking the sea. The day was beautiful, windy and clear with a bright blue sky and whispy white clouds. We drove further along the coast to lower..... and walked along the sandy beach which was dotted with shells. Chesca and I began to collect some for her art work (and I'm also planning on doing a shell necklace sometime in the future...). While walking along I made friends with an old lady from Newcastle and her dog (Tara). We chatted for ages about everything from the amazing weather to drug problems in inner city areas (?!). Tara was so sweet and made me really crave having a German Shepherd as a pet (not too sure Toffee and Fudge would mind).
In the evening we went to Seahouses and queued for ages to get some authentic seaside fish & chips. We then walked along the rocky shore and watched the sunset. This is where I took my picture - The camera doesn't even do justice to the bright reds,yellows, pinks and orange colours which were displayed across the sky for about 1/2 hour. I especialy loved how the castle and cliffs were slihouetted in the distance and the light was reflected in the various rock pools dotted along the shore. I also tried to catch some shots of people flying their kites in the sunset, but these were too blurred.