Saturday, October 24, 2009

The day I ripped my jeans...


In the late morning I met up with Annabelle, Martin and Elizabeth who are staying in Oxford for the weekend. I was really lucky to have seen Martin in the zoology library last Thursday as they'd been trying to contact me for the past week! Although it was a pretty rainy start to the day we headed to the Pitt River's Museum and had a look around at the various interesting artefacts for a couple of hours. We then drove to the Perch pub where we had a delicious lunch of fish and tarte au citron for pudding *drool*. It was brilliant to have been able to see Annabelle after such a long times especially seeing as she had really inspired me to study Biology at University. After the dropped me off back home I quickly got changed as I was meeting James at port Meadow. However, I managed to lock myself out so had to walk all the way there rather than cycle.....
At first I didn't see him and got a pretty big shock when he crept up behind me ¬_¬ We walked for AGES around the WHOLE of the meadow including past The Trout and Wolvercote. By the end we were both cold, tried and I think he was pretty hungry! So we went back to the delicatessen for some tasty chicken wraps. We then headed back to Hertford and Planes, Trains and Automobiles in his room. I returned to Summertown but had to go abck to Hertford to return my spare key so I met James at the lodge.
We walked around Oxford in the dark and I told him that I really wanted to jump the fence round the Rad. Cam one day and lie on the grass looking up at the stars. So, he jumped the fence and offered to help me over but I was WAY too chicken. It was dark and around 11pm but there were still people around and I was so scared we'd get caught! Eventually, after a lot of indecisiveness on my behalf, I decided to do it. He jumped first and offered to help me over but I told him I'd be fine. I lifted one leg over the gate but couldn't get my other leg over. I was sitting (VERY uncomfortably) on the spike and then, as I swung my other leg round, heard a "riiiiip". shit. I'd ripped my jeans. On the fence to the Rad. Cam. I was MORTIFIED. Not only was I standing on the wrong side of the fence, sure that the University Bulldogs would be after us at any moment, but I had also ripped my jeans. Great, just great.
James thought it was pretty funny and proceeded to knock on the door of the building, joking that there wasn't anyone in. I couldn't wait to get back over that fence! Finally, we climbed back over and I went to get my bike. The first thing I said to Amelia as I got back to Summertown was "I am such a weirdo".