Thursday, October 8, 2009

My new room, Sommertown


I feel so much more settled into my room than before (probably due to the good night's sleep). Its just so relaxing to be sitting at my desk with the sun delicatly coming in through the window onto the wardrobe. So here's a picture of the room (note the rock family on my chest of drawers - I'm trying to start a tradition where I'll bring them with me each term, no matter what). You can just about see the vintage wardrobe built into the wall - this is probably my favourite feature! It feels pretty cosy here with a slanted ceiling that gives it a sort of cubby-hole atmosphere. Its also pretty tucked away down the corridor so I don't have any neighbours (although the lunge is downstairs and sometimes you can hear people talking through the floor). You can't see it in the picture but I also have a sink, some bookshelves and some room to put more of my stuff! Sommertown is secluded and away from the hustle and bustle of the city - perfect when you want to escape the Oxford bubble. I saw James today and he mentioned this, I totally agree with him.