Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Oxford Wanderings


No lectures today! I've never been able to have a lie-in during usual term time so I was a bit angry to wake up when the fire alarm was set off and people were shouting "fire! FIRE!!!". I jumped out of bed grabbed my camera and dressing gown to run downstairs along with everyone else to find that it was only the housekeepers doing a drill. We were then subjected to a half-hour long schpiel about keeping the house clean and safe, not having visitors over or house parties. Great. During the WHOLE TIME I was just standing there feeling like an idiot clutching my Nikon.
In the afternoon I went into Oxford and found James (first year Historian who defered a year) and Ben. James and I helped Ben make his Dad's birthday present (which is where this slightly odd picture comes in..). He wanted to spell out "Happy Birthday" by doing different letters around Oxford. So we spent the afternoon and early evening walking around Oxford in the sunshine and taking pictures of James and Ben in odd positions...
We then wandered down to the river where James and I walked past the boat houses, making up the colleges we thought they belonged too, while Ben sat on the river bank. After he went home James and I were left to happily amble up Christchurch meadows in the direction of Hertford.