Friday, June 5, 2009

Guest Dinner at New College


James Scargill invited me today for guest dinner at his college (New College) so I spent most of the day working in the library and then rushed to have a shower and get changed ready for the meal. Sadly the weather was pretty rainy so it felt strange wearing summery clothes and eating summery food although it was not at all hot. For starters we had fish and white wine. I listened as James' friend, Dan, told us about how he is a target for bird poo and had just returned from having a shower after he'd been pooed on while looking out of the window to see if it was raining. The main course was oddly lamb (but still really nice) for which James had brought some really nice red wine. The pudding was some sort of chocolate moose and this was followed by us finishing the wine and drinking some coffee. Afterwards, we went along with some other New College people (including Jess!) to Angels in Little Claringdon street. Although we were slightly late for happy hour, Jess managed to get the guy at the bar to still give us half priced drinks. We followed by playing dirnking games and then had drinks bought for us by someone's uncle (I got something with lime and berries which was REALLY good). By the time we started to walk back to college everyone was really tipsy as we'd been drinking for most of the evening non-stop. People went for food at Hassan's where I met Tom. I don't remember much about how we got back but I sat in his room for a while and we talked for ages..I think I called him a man whore and ate all his angel slices....At some point I went upstairs and tried brushing my teeth unsuccessfully before going to sleep.