Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Home?


Ok, so I've volunteered to help out on the Open Days at Hertford and this means that I get free accomodation until them. However I WAS planning on going home today until I was told that people might be returning on friday to have a Hertford post-exam celebration. So, I decided to stay in Oxford. I really wanted to go home but I would have to return a few days later anyway and I still ahd laods of stuff to do! Alice had an afternoon exam (GH3) which she was dreading. So, to get her mind of it, we climbed the Chruch tower on ship street. The Church is ANCIENT and has all these old relics from the medieval period. The view from the top is also pretty good; especially on a cloudless day like today. I hope that it helped Alice calm down although it did stop her from cramming which is possibly the worst thing you can do! As she was wearing her sub-fusk she got quite a few inquisitive looks and we also got stopped by a lady at a Cafe who wanted to know about the carnation etc.

In the evening Emily came round to my room to see if I wanted to go out to Park End. It was an AMAZING night and sooo fun! We found Marja there as well as loads of her dancing friends and people from Hertford. Emily and I stuck together and went from the dance room to cheese and R&B before ending the night off with some more cheese. By the end of the night it was me, Emily, Oli Coward and more of Marja's friends dancing to Saturday Night and La Macarena along with full hand gestures- soooo awful it was AMAZING