Saturday, June 20, 2009

Why I love what I do


Woke up feeling emo about revision, exams etc etc etc. I had stupidly set me alarm for 8:20 and actually thought I'd be ABLE to get up at that time. ha. woke up around 9ish and found Alice, Amelia and Marja. We sat in the hallway outside Alice's room and reminisced about all the fun times we'd had there....dying Marja's hair, watching as drunk Marja slumped on the stairs and claimed to be a caterpillar, the time we woke Amelia up (on her birthday) singing Happy Birthday while Alice played the saxophone (Amelia later said that she thought there'd be a car crash outside her window..), taking the picture before the rubix cube night on fresher's week...
We all felt sad that the year was ending in such a way. People were all just slowly heading home and trickling away.
Decided to take a walk to the Botanic Gardens to clear my head. I took my camera and began being all artsy with a row of lettuces. Some German guys behind me (with the most amazing camera) were watching and talking behind me. As I walked away, they began taking exactly the same shots! I kept on walking and just smiled to myself - I love life! I also went to the hot houses and overheard a Spanish family telling their young daughter about all the plants there...I LOVE the sound of Spanish ^_^. Afterwards, I went along the the charity shop for a browse adn later to Tesco's. Then went back to college and found Amelia. We walked over to the chapel and I offered to get her carnation (I picked the one she wanted - woot!). Later felt depressed and mum called so we chatted for AGES and she made me feel loads better. Then Alice came round (who was feeling just as depressed) and we moaned and then went to buy some cake at Sainsbury's. Had a relaxed revision session eatsing cake, listening to classical fm and watching the rain outside my window. The world felt good again.
In the evening we helped Amelia load stuff into her car and said goodbye. Anna Powell rang in the evening and I was SOOO pleased to hear from her. Seeing everyone go made me so depressed that it was nice to ehar from someone at home...I can't wait to go back. I just want these exams to be over.