Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Port Meadow Bonfire


Cycled with Alice to port meadow for a break from revision and also to calm my nerves. I'd been revising birds all day and it hadn't gone too bad. In fact, i was quite happy as I'd found an article on BBC news about a new fossil (hopefuly I'll be able to fit it into my exam for extra nerd points!). We cycled into the nature reserve as it turned to dusk and through the waist-high grass. I managed to get some good pictures of these silhouetted against the evening sky. We got slightly lost but managed to find ourselves back on the usual path. We then came across a Canadian guy playing a guitar by what looked like the beginnings of a bonfire. He was then joined by an American girl. Thr guy was called john and I don't remember the girl's name. We decidede to stay a while and help them get wood etc as Ben might also turn up. John told us that he has a girlfriend in Oxford and is living here to stay with her. The girl had just finished a term here and was from a Uni. in Washington. We helped her get more wood and burnt her essays to start the fire (it felt soooo good to crumple and burn work!). As it got darker more people joined and this was followed by the usual music and drinks. Alice and I then cycled back (smelling distinctly of woodsmoke) to Hertford feelign refreshed and ready to tackle to nedxt day's work.