Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Apple Crumble


I miss Laura. We were really close, especially during the last few years at Twyford, and now hardly ever talk. So, today I decided to call her and see how she was. I was happy to see that I still remembered her phone number off by heart (all those times calling and panicking about work..). Luckily she picked up and we talked for ages, catching up with everything that had happened at uni since last time we spoke. We then decided to meet up and do some cooking as was our tradition (past foods included flapjacks, brownies and pasta bakes - mmmmmm). So, Laura came round and brought some eggs and apples for our crumble. We used LOADS of cinnamon and bakes it in the oven while watching a bit of Calendar girls. For lunch we made some egg fried rice with cucumber (the cucumber had been recomended to me by Alice and wasn't too bad). The crumble was AMAZING and even better piping hot from the oven.
In the evening I went with Anna P, Jay P and Ele B to watch Bruno at Park Royal (Laura was busy so couldn't stay). It was hilarious and far worse that Borat..My stomach hurt from laughing so much afterwards. For most of the film Ele and I were screaming "NO! NO! NO!" "OMG!". Afterwards we went to KFC and the the arcade for slush puppies. On the way back, Jay P bought us all some Whispa bars to munch in the car. In all, a great day for food :)