Saturday, July 18, 2009

The day I bought the book


The book! Finally!
Went in the morning to meet Amelia, Talia and Alice in Finnesbury park for a bit of shopping in Fonthill road. It was as tacky as last time but this time I managed to get a cute natutical-themed dress. We also delighted in going to the shiny chavy shop which is always surprisingly busy. There was the usual pair of shiny, rainbow, leopard-print, wet-look leggings (ew.) as well as an entire gold swimsuit that only covered about 1/5 of the person's body. It was too much to handle.
I went to Leicester Square with Amelia and Talia for lunch. We passed Cass Art on the way and I went in to buy the sketch book for my POTD. Finally! I walked along for the rest of the day with the book proudly tucked under my arm. On the way to Covent Garden, we passed a shop with my dress for almost 3x the price (hahaha!). After sitting and eating on the pavement at Covent Garden, while watching the street performers, we made our way to Trafalgar Square to see the Plinth. The artist Anthony Gormley is having people volunteer to stand on the fourth Plinth for an hour from july-october this year. The guy there today was really boring and just stood there taking pictures. So, we went into the National Portrait Gallery and had a browse while we waited for the next person to be put up. This was a lady who started building a carboard house - cute! If I was there I'd do the same but maybe have a tea party as well...
Talia and Amelia went to meet Sam but I stayed and sat in Trafalgar Square writing in my diary, trying to organise how many pictures would fit into the sketchbook. I then went back on the tube home to get ready to meet Alex.
I saw him outside Turnham Green tube station and we ate at a restaurant in Chiswick. The food was lovely and he ordered champagne which was also very nice. This was then followed by us walking back to his house before people arrived for the party. We got apple juice and vodka but people brought other things too. In the end there was about 15 of us incuding Keith R, Lee, Sam, Cecily, John, James, Leilia..Later Anna P and Ele turned up which was even more fun. We made brownies which tasted AMAZING and crashed on the sofa and slept.