Wednesday, July 22, 2009

So long sodium street lights...


Gave mum a hand today at school, trying to tidy up the classroom ready for next year. In the late evening we went to pick Chesca up from a party and on the way back I realised that this would be the last day that the old street lamps would be working on our road. They're now replacing them to fit EU standard and they're not going to be yellow/orange anymore. So, at 12pm I went out to the street to take some pictures while mum and Chesca went for a walk. They got a bit impatient as I would stop every so often to kneel in the middle of the deserted road to take a photo of the lights on either side. It was too dark and the pictures kept on blurring so in the end I sat there with a tripod. Funnily enough, the best picture was not of the road but our street. Changing the lights is only a small difference but I guess it has a lot of significance as I'll always remember the horrible orange glow.