Friday, July 17, 2009

Tea and Cakes



Woke up and finished reading "Small Steps" while Anna went to have a shower. I've been reading small snippets of this book every time I sleep over at her house but have always refused to borrow it. After the usual yummy breakfast of brioch with chocolate spread I walked home. Chesca wanted to meet us at a cute cafe near Leicester Square as it was the last day of her work experience. So, dad went ahead and I walked to Mum's school to bring her along. As it was her last day too it was hard to drag her away but I finally managed it!
We took the train to Leicester square and found our way to Maison Berteaux, a cute tea house with French-inspired cakes and pastries in the windows. Here we all had traditional tea and cakes whilst talking and observing the various people sitting in the slightly squashed conditions of the cafe. I wanted so badly to take a picture of them similar to the pictures you find of old French Cafes in the 30's.